Saturday, May 28, 2011

my affinity with storm bowling balls

well,friends who know me well enough(in the bowling circle) will know that i am crazy about storm balls,and my friends in my fishing circle know me as storm

well i think 80% of my bowling balls are from storm and rotogrip
(and i think i have up to about at least 40+ pieces of storm/roto grip balls and i would say this will be the largest number of storm/roto grip bowling balls that anybody has in singapore right now,,which is excluding my recent orders,if talking about my total number of bowling balls,i think i lost count at 80...18months back)

well..i wasnt a storm fan in the beginning and u might have guessed it right,i was or rather still am a brunswick fan now not for the balls but for my other bowling idol pb3,reason was because i am a left hander and my main bowling game in the past was modelled after him and i have an autographed pin by him while he came to singapore back in the 90s

and in the past there was a street talk about storm bowling balls making a lousy bowler look good (cos of the great ball reaction that can be created without the bowler having to work the ball much) and being a stubborn a*sehole like me,refused to let the ball do the work so i was kinda sold on to brunswick....
till they made a mistake in moving their factories to mexico and problems of qc ans such started surfacing,and i switched camps

i was like wondering what ball to go to,cos back here in sg,when u talk about bowling its mainly 3 brands,brunswick,storm or ebonite

and i chose to go with storm cos my temperament was like the weather,always unpredictable and of cos there were always some guy telling me that ebonite is the best,but due to the fact the ebonite international had hammer,columbia300 under their wing,i was like..
"huh?wtf?all of a sudden ebonite has go so man brands?so how are they gonna keep on making good stuff?"

so i just chose storm ...besides the temperament part,its also because of norm and pdw,their physical outlook is similar to me,small sized,and had very simple but effective bowling methods

most of all is that i feel comfy that both of them not in the size class of say wes mallott, robert smith or jason couch or patrick allen,and yet they are able to make it in circuit,they are really giants amongst the giants.

and the two bowlers gave me the inspiration that "in sports,you dont need to be physically on the large size to win,you can make it too if you know how"

and dats my affinity with storm and roto
(well maybe storm and roto can start sending me some patches haha)

i will try to clear up all my bowing stuff and redo a pic montage of all the storm/roto balls i have and another montage on the other brands when i have the time as my work schedule is darn packed now

disclaimer:
my sincerest apologies to anybody who might feel offended with my posting,
i am not the kind of person who likes to sugar coat my words and i speak with the most honest feeling i have,
and even though you may not be in my personal "top liked bowlers list",it doesnt mean that i do not respect you as who you are,the best professional bowlers in the world,who showed the world how wonderful the sport of bowling is

No comments: